Does Hester's deliver out of the state of Colorado?
We are not able to deliver out of the state of Colorado. We can, however, make arrangements for freight delivery. Most out-of-state customers arrange their own haul. Freight and long-haul deliveries are bunked and banded for safe transport.
What are your hours of operation?
- Thanksgiving thru May 1: Monday - Friday 7 am - 4:30 pm
- May thru Thanksgiving: Monday - Friday 6 am - 4:30 pm
- May 1 thru Halloween: Open Saturday 8-Noon, not a minute later
What type of payments do you accept?
We will only accept guaranteed-certified funds as payment upon pickup or delivery
Do you have a minimum order?
- Standard rough cut, No
- Planed material & Custom cuts, We take the minimum order on and 'order by order' basis.
What lumber do we carry in stock?
We typically cut 1x4,1x6, 1x8 and 2x4, 2x6, 2x8 throughout the day. Please call to check availability of products before you pick up to ensure we have what you need in stock. If you need a large quantity of specific pieces (more than 30 pieces), that most likely requires a custom order.
What are your payment terms?
We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards. We charge the 3.4% merchant fee for credit cards. Payment is due upon pickup or delivery. We do not currently require deposits for custom orders.
We offer a 5% discount for cash payments.
Is my order ready?
We call you immediately once your order is ready. If you would like to call before we call you, we may be able to provide an approximate pick up date. We will not schedule pick-up or delivery dates until your order is complete.
Do you accept returns?
- We accept exchanges within 2 weeks of purchase, with a 10% re-stocking fee
- MATERIALS MUST BE RETURNED AT THE TIME OF EXCHANGE
- Materials must be in the original condition
- We do not offer refunds
- We do not accept returns on special orders
Is ‘Standing Dead Lodgepole Pine’ Structural?
Yes it is. We follow the grading specifications set out by the WWPA Western Lumber Grading Rules and are inspected for quality and program adherence by ‘Timber Products Inspection’. Our long time inspector is Andy Farish. He has been a great resource for customers who are interested in getting more explanation in the design values of our timber.
What species of lumber to you access to?
- At our mill, we cut primarily ‘Standing Dead Lodgepole Pine’
- We partner with other lumber sources to provide finished doug fir, cedar, hemlock, we do not have access to full dimension rough cut in these species
Can I return material because of the checking?
- As long as the checking or splits meets the specifications the material is good and not compromised. In this scenario it would be considered an aesthetic impasse and not refundable
- If the checking is beyond the allowable specifications - Yes, it is fully refundable
Is the ‘Standing Dead Lodgepole Pine’ comprised in structural integrity if there is deep checking in the log or timber?
- Checking & splits (please refrain from calling them ‘cracks’) are allowable with certain parameters
- Please refer to the below tables for the allowable checking and splits