HESTER’S BAR WK
- We raise grass fed bison adjacent to our sawmill property.
- We are in constant contact with the bison from birth to harvest as we calf all of our own animals and raise them here until time of harvest.
- We harvest the animals on our property - keeping the stress as low as possible for the animal & producing the best tasting meat.
- We sell our bison meat in quarter, half, or full shares of the animal. The attached brochure explains the pricing structure.
- Please call Forrest or Lindsey Hester with any questions or more information about our bison meat.
Quarters, Halves, Whole
$5/lb Hot Hanging Weight + Plus $150 processing per quarter
- Hot hanging weight’ is the animal field dressed with bone-in: this is not the weight of total pounds of meat packaged
- Generally, the hot hanging weight is 60% of ‘Live Weight’
- The total yield of packaged meat is generally 60% of the hot hanging weight, (I.E) 1200 lb Live weight = 720 lb hot hanging weight = 432 lb total packaged meat
Each quarter, half, & whole portion would consist of steaks, chuck roasts, & ground meat. Specialty meats can be requested but not guaranteed to be able to provide.
Buffalo Meat Cuts & Price List
- Burger ground $10.00/lb
- Stew meat $12.00/lb
- Tenderloin Fillet $35.00/lb
- Rib Eye Steak $24.00/lb
- New York Strip $21.00/lb